1) I love outdoor activities: Camping, hiking, kayaking, and just spending the time outside in general.
2) In high school I played football, wrestled and ran track. I was the captain of all 3 my junior and senior year.
3) My 17th Birthday we went down to Washington D.C. for a school field trip and got to talk to the secret service because of mistaken identity. Fun Story ;-0
4) My favorite poets are Robert Frost (The Road Not TAken) and Walt Whitman (Song of the Open Road)
5) I grew up with pets. Dogs, cats, hamsters, and fish.
6) I started dancing my freshman year at RPI and it has now taken over my life. Before starting Lindy Hop I had only done some line dancing in gym class and went to 5 school dances.
7) While growing up I wanted to be an archeologist for the longest time because of Indiana Jones and Jurassic Park
8) My favorite city to visit is Montreal. I love the dancing, people and culture of the city
9) I am planning to learn how to speak french fluently in less then 2 years
10) I graduated RPI in December of 2009 with a Dual Degree in Science & Technology Studies and Psychology, a Minor in Geology and an Advanced Concentration in Law, Public Policy and the Environment in 3.5 years
11) I can be a very stubborn person especially when I believe I am right about an issue but I will always hear a person out. If I am wrong I will be the first person to admit it.
12) My first car was a 1997 Subaru Legacy 4 Door Sedan but now I drive a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse
13) I usually become the unofficial leader when it comes to groups because I want to get things done instead of always have them be put off.
14) I owe Brooks Prumo a lot for getting me into dancing. He dragged me out to pretty much everything he went to when he was at RPI and is probably the most significant factor about why and how I first got into Lindy Hop and stuck with it.
15) My parents owned a campground for 5 years and I spent every summer up there….There are some good memories associated with that place.
16) Down the road from the campground was a horse farm and that is where I learned to ride. Every chance I got I was down there spending time and riding. I hadn’t rode in several years until this past summer and I forgot how great it was until then.
17) I want to travel around Europe sometime in the next several years. I would love to be able to visit all of their historic sites and places
18) I also want to go sky diving and parasailing. I will be accomplishing one of these in 2010
19) I am very loyal too my friends and will drop what I am doing to help them out in any situation.
20) I get very annoyed with people who are close minded and refuse to listen to anyone else’s opinion besides there own. Also if the person acts as if they are an expert about a topic without ever researching it themselves
21) I am a relatively social person but in a lot of situations am insecure yet I try to hide it. Dancing has helped me become a lot more self-confident
22) I love quotes with deeper meanings behind them. I have two books full of them and am always looking at new ones online or when I go to the bookstore. On that note I love going to bookstores and can spend hours in them just looking at the books.
23) I have always and probably will always enjoy a good RPG video game and have spent countless hours playing them.
24) I am a hot chocolate drinker and have never had a taste for coffee. I keep meaning to try and change this or at least build up a tolerance to it but it just isn’t that high on my priority list.
25) Most of my closest friends are dancers with a few exceptions from high school and college. I find it interesting that even though I may only see them once a month or not for several months when we do finally talk or see each other again there is always a feeling of closeness.